- No Comments
Rise! was an online recovery conference for Norfolk and Suffolk food and drink producers. It was held in September 2020 and organised by Norfolk County Council in partnership with Tech East, New Anglia LEP, Local Flavours and Norfolk Chambers of Commerce.
The agri-food sector is hugely important to the Norfolk and Suffolk economy, supporting more than 80,000 jobs and providing some of the best-loved food and drink brands.
The Rise! recovery conference aimed to give practical ideas and inspiration for recovery and growth, insights and examples of what’s worked (and what hasn’t) by local producers, local knowledge and expertise and how digital technology can help to transform marketing, sales and more!
See below for useful resources from the webinar:
Speaker slides –
- Rise! opening slide deck here
- Doug Field, New Anglia LEP sector support here
- Emma Taylor, New Anglia LEP funding support here
- Professor Andrew Fearne, University of East Anglia here
- Dingley Dell Case Study by Professor Andrew Fearne here
- P4CV Zespri Case Study by Professor Andrew Fearne here
- Manbulloo Case Study by Professor Andrew Fearne here
- Stephanie and Matt Brown, Wild Knight Distillery here
- Edwina Mullins, SocialB here
Speaker videos –
- Rise! conference introduction, Tim Robinson, Chief Operating Officer, Tech East here
- Doug Field – Chair, Agri-Food Industry Council, and Joint CEO, East of England Co-op here
- Emma Taylor, Funding Manager, New Anglia LEP here
- Professor Andrew Fearne, Value Chain Management, University of East Anglia here
- Matt Anderson, Chief Executive, Marketplace Amp here
- Valerie Watson Brown – Director, Local Flavours here
- Stephanie and Matt Brown, Founders and Directors, Wild Knight Distillery here
- Edwina Mullins, Social Media Trainer, SocialB here
- Sam Steggles, Managing Director, Fielding Cottage here
- Councillor Graham Plant, Deputy Leader, Norfolk County Council here
Key Takeaways here
Resources to support your business
Local Flavours – Join us for the biggest food and drink trade show in the East Anglian Region on Wednesday 10 March 2021 at The Norfolk Showground Arena. Visit www.localflavours.co.uk to find out more.
Agri-Food Industry Council – Learn more about the Agri-Food Council and the work being done to support the sector.
Norfolk and Suffolk Unlimited – Find out more about opportunities for food and drink producers and other agri-food developments including information about the Food Innovation Centre.
New Anglia Growth Hub – Free and impartial support for businesses in Norfolk and Suffolk, including access to grants, workshops and business advice.
Norfolk Chambers of Commerce – Norfolk’s largest business membership network.
Norfolk County Council – Information and links to support for Norfolk businesses.
Federation of Small Businesses – Specific support, advice and training for micro and small businesses.
For free, one-to-one business support, call us on 0300 333 6536 or get in touch using our contact form
Sharpen your skills, enhance your network and give your business the tools to grow at our free workshops
Stay in the loop with our newsletter
Sign up to receive updates from the Growth Hub on funding opportunities, business news, upcoming events and more