Recruiting the Right People for the Right Roles“Do I recruit someone with experience or do I take on someone I can mould into the role?” Many business owners face this dilemma when it comes to recruitment.
- 2019-02-07 | -
- The Space
- New Anglia Growth Hub
Recruiting can absorb a lot of time and getting it wrong can be costly! This workshop aims to remove any fear you may have when it comes to recruitment and provide some practical ideas you can implement to building a winning team as you grow.
Key Topics Covered on the Day:
- Understanding how to plan your staff for your business’s future
- The importance of company and staff values and culture
- How to define individuals roles in the company
- How to attract the right people for your business
- How to manage the recruitment process
- What are the keys to a successful team
- How to ensure you set out expectations to you and your staff
- How to ensure 100% inclusion
- Managing the appraisal process correctly and its benefits
- Understand whether it is right to recruit for your business
- Understand the importance of Job descriptions and person specifications
- Understand the importance of setting expectations
- How to manage the recruitment process correctly
- How to manage a successful team
- How to start the management of people going forward.
Speaker(s)Philip Budd from ActionCOACH
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to help those that are responsible for attracting, hiring and managing new staff. Whether you are looking to take on your first employee or looking to ensure you are doing it right, but you are not an HR professional, then this workshop may be useful for you.
The course starts with the basics but extends to detail that would be appropriate new and more experienced hirers who may not have HR backgrounds or support.
This course, as with all the New Anglia Growth Hub events, is suited and intended for businesses already running and established for 6 months or more. Please refer to courses by NWES and MENTA for courses more suited for those businesses who are pre-start or have been trading for less than 6 months.