How to Make Google Love Your Website: Keyword Research and Content (SEO Part 1)Why you need Google and why Google needs you.
- 2019-02-12 | 09:15 - 13:30
- IKON Academy
Unit 5 Three Rivers Business Centre
- New Anglia Growth Hub
This in-depth half-day session takes you on a journey of learning the fundamentals of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO); exploring exactly what is required to rank higher in search engines.
Through a combination of theory and practical examples, this intense SEO workshop will help you understand:
- How Search Engines Work
- The principles of how to make Google love your website
- Understanding your user and what they are searching for
- How to perform keyword research
- How to write for Google
- The principles of Content Marketing
Key topics covered on the day:
- Why you need Google and why Google needs you.
- What does Google REALLY want?
- How changes in technology and consumer behaviour are changing.
- What is SEO?
- Differentiating Paid & Organic Search.
- Setting objectives.
- The Principles of SEO.
- How does Google work?
- Understanding your audience.
- “Localisation”, NOT “Translation”.
- Identifying the keywords they search for.
- SERP Analysis – discovering new ideas and opportunities.
- Understanding Search Trends.
- How to use Google’s Keyword Research Tool.
- Using Paid search data to inform your organic strategy.
- How to make your content attractive to both users and search engines.
- Identifying gaps in your content.
- How to write a good Page Title and META description.
- Content pitfalls – the mistakes you really don’t want to make.
This workshop aims to:
- Answer the crucial questions of what exactly is SEO? How does Google work? and most importantly, what does Google REALLY want?
- Learn the fundamental techniques involved in Search Engine Optimisation and how to succeed.
- Develop the skills to identify and optimize the existing weaknesses within your ecommerce website.
- Teach you how to find out what your customers are searching for in Google and explore what your audience need and want.
- How to write SEO-friendly content that both search engines and users will love.
- Provide a base level understanding of the technical areas Google will rate your website on.
- Introduce and learn to use the trick and tools used by the pros.
- Learn practical ways to distinguish yourself from the competition, in both Google’s and user’s eyes.
- Create positive change within your business through education and awareness.
Speaker(s)Tom Bowden, Director of Footprint Digital
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to help those who are responsible for making more money online for businesses. It is especially useful for Website Owners, Marketing Managers and Digital Marketing Managers that want clarity on ways in which they can improve Google search visibility and drive more relevant organic traffic to their website. For those looking to break into new international markets, you will learn how to identify opportunities and avoid the most common challenges and pitfalls businesses face.
Whether you are completely new to SEO or someone that has been exploring the basics and is looking for more, this is the perfect session for you.
The course starts with the basics but quickly extends to the technical detail that would be appropriate for those that would like to enhance their online search presence.
This course, as with all the New Anglia Growth Hub events, is suited and intended for businesses already running and established for 6 months or more. Please refer to courses by NWES and MENTA for courses more suited for those businesses who are pre-start or have been trading for less than 6 months.